DRILL Outdoor Development Center
Aim of programme:
- Classic teambuilding designed to strengthen team work and cooperation, especially within the “Johari Windows” model.
- Observation and evaluation of participants in predefined competencies.
- Providing feed-back to individual participants.
- Draft of a plan of personal development and training programme for individual participants.
The competencies which will be observed and evaluated in the ODC must meet two basic criteria:
- Observability within the ODC activities.
- Possibility of further development through individual and team training and coaching.
According to our expertise, these criteria are best met by the model of emotional intelligence, complemented with creativity or resistance to stress.
Skill related to self:
- Self-awareness (emotional, real and the self-confidence).
- Self-control – effective handling of especially the negative impulses and emotions (reliability and studiousness, adaptability, ability to innovate).
- Motivation to higher goals (ambitiousness, loyalty, initiative and optimism).
Human relationships competencies:
- Empathy – realization of feelings, needs and interests of other people (understanding, care of individual development, customer orientation, cultivation of diversity, corporate policy).
- Ability to influence (exerting the effect on others, ability to communicate, conflict solving, leadership skills, willingness to change).
- Team cooperation (ability to create relationships, cooperation and mutual support, ability to weld the team together).
The essential prerequisite is that the participants know prior to the exercise that they will be observed during the programme; they will know how they will be informed about the results and what will happen to those next.
Proposal of organization and programme timing (example):
We propose organizing the outdoor programme as a sequence of activities linked with a single story and approached as a competition between teams made ideally of8-10 members.
- Adjustment of the observable competency model with the client.
- Reconnaissance of the field and preparation of teambuilding activities, the creation of the “story”.
- Preparation – training of the ODC evaluators.
We propose organizing the entire ODC as a two-and-a-half day event in the following structure:
- Thursday evening – arrival of participants, informing them about the programme, division into teams, creation of the team symbols (depending on the agreement decoration of T-shirts, otherwise the name of teams, chants etc.), the rest is unorganized entertainment.
- Friday all day – teambuilding activities in teams – the way of the story, competition between teams.
- Friday evening – work and joint discussion of evaluators.
- Saturday morning – feed-back to teams and individuals.
Work of evaluators:
It is most appropriate in terms of organization that 2 evaluators are always appointed to one team with which they will pass the entire journey while also acting as instructors for individual activities.
To enhance the reliability of evaluators, it is appropriate to change the pairs of evaluators in the middle of the programme (after half the activities have passed).
The evaluators will be trained so that they could take notes about the participants during the activities or immediately after and to evaluate the level of observed competencies with a scale value.
During the evening discussion, a consensus has to be achieved on all scale items in the chart participant/competency.
Processing of results:
Results in a form of final report for every participant will be processed within 4 weeks of the teambuilding programme.
Proposed structure of the final report:
- Brief verbal description of behaviour manifestations in the programme.
- Scale evaluation of individual observed competencies.
- Recommendations for future development.
Interested in further details?
We will gladly answer any further questions you might have. Please fill in your contact information as well.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Providing Email and/or Phone is required.